top of page

Garden Club Tour Group

Public·380 members

Homemade Belt Sander Plans Pdf

Homemade Belt Sander Plans Pdf >>>>> https://urlin.us/2tqsq3

I have been wanting a 2 x 72 belt grinder ever since I started making knives on my wimpy 4 x 36 belt sander. After looking around at some designs I figured I could probably make one myself. I had access to our scrap bin at work that often had square tubing and small chunks of flat stock but I didn't have access to a welder. This led me to design a belt grinder that was similar to many of the welded designs I saw but would be bolted together rather than welded. This also had the advantage that if one of the pieces broke or I messed up on it while making it then all I had to do was unbolt it and make a new one.

Hi, I wonder if i can buy the one that's made already as shown above...I just couldnt have time to assemble one...i've started making my n=own kanife already, and i have a 1 x 30 " belt sander.Cheers,Mario Tin-ga

This is an in-depth overview of how to make a belt sander. It includes numerous reviews of articles on building a belt sander, forum discussions (including our HomemadeTools.net forum and others), and videos on building a DIY belt grinder or a DIY belt sander. Eight of these builds include detailed homemade belt sander plans.To instantly download a free PDF ebook version of this article, click here.

Belt sander componentsBelt sander articles and forum discussionsBelt sander videosBelt sander builds with plansConverting existing tools to belt sandersForums for homemade belt sanders

We'll focus mostly on 2x72 belt sanders. However, we do have a handful of mentions of small strip sanders, handheld belt sander conversions, and home built belt sanders with belts shorter than 72". We'll also discuss sourcing used motors, building your own homemade belt grinder wheels, and a variety of other techniques for saving money while you make your own belt sander.

A high-quality new 2x72 belt grinder costs over $2,000, even if constructed from a belt grinder kit. Some home builders make their home made sanders for next to nothing, while others purchase new wheels, a new motor, and other goodies that can quickly push the cost over $500. However, a good homebuilt 2x72 belt sander can reasonably be had for 1/10th of the retail price - around $250. If you can inexpensively source some spare parts and components (most namely the motor), that cost can easily be cut in half, to around $125.

All of the builds featured herein are fully credited to the original builders, and link to each respective build page or video. We've done our best to contact everyone mentioned here, but if you see your build in here - congratulations, you're internet famous :). If you have a belt sander build that you'd like us to add, post about it on our homemade tools forum.

A belt sander can be reasonably broken down into the five constituent components listed below. If you want to build a belt sander, but you don't know where to start, consider each component separately.

2. The wheels. You can purchase pre-made belt sander wheels from Beaumont Metal Works, although they're fairly expensive. If you have machining skills, you can machine your own wheels. You can source wheels (skateboard wheels are a favorite). You can also build your own wheels from wood, or multiple layers of MDF. Idler wheels can be pulled off of engines. Wheels will need to be crowned for correct tracking. Crowning can be machined, or even done with masking tape. However, the crowning can be worn down by the backing on the 2x72 belts.

3. The power source. This will almost always be an electric motor. You can buy a brand-new motor. To save money, you can remove a motor from an existing tool or appliance.A favorite trick is get a free treadmill from Craigslist, with a nice motor plus controls that will allow you to vary the speed of your belt sander. To get a rough idea of the treadmill motor's condition, examine the treadmill belt, and see how worn the more common buttons or controls are. A treadmill motor will usually be in excellent shape; you're probably not going to be getting a we

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page